New Kent Charles City Chronicle

News for New Kent County and Charles City County, Virginia | September 27, 2022

Community

Proclaiming Grace Outreach scholarship recipients

By Community Member | August 16, 2022 10:48 am

Letter to the Editor: Thinking seriously about basic issues in our society

By Community Member | August 16, 2022 1:12 am

Some people need to think seriously about some basic issues in our society where we could do better. Why should we be content with how things are when finding ways to fix problems would improve life for everyone? The way some of us act at times leaves a lot to be desired. Not only do we through negligence spread disease germs, throw trash from vehicles onto roadways, or stay mad when dealing intelligently with a grievance would resolve it, we seem to want to kill or crush opponents if they don’t subscribe to our firmly held beliefs. Wouldn’t an effort…
Read Full Story

LaCoss earns Masters Degree from Mount Mary University

By Community Member | August 16, 2022 1:01 am

Alyssa LaCoss, a resident of Lanexa, recently graduated from Mount Mary University as part of Spring 2022 ceremonies. LaCoss earned a Master of Science degree in Professional Counseling.

Siblings earn Doctorates

By Community Member | August 15, 2022 11:27 am

Editorial: Young people need to prepare for a changing world today

By Robb Johnson | August 9, 2022 3:35 pm

My message to the young people returning to school is this; the world is changing. My advice to you is that the world is becoming more complicated by the day. You must understand that the world is different than the generations before you. Technology is constantly evolving, making it more difficult to live everyday with just one job. The cost of living continues to go up, along with the stress of life. To the young people, do not worry about the latest fashion or trends. You need to focus on furthering yourself in whatever you are trying to do. This…
Read Full Story

Wells graduates from Bethel University

By Community Member | August 9, 2022 9:55 am

Zachary Wells, a resident of Quinton, recently completed his studies at Bethel University. Wells graduated during Spring 2022 commencement ceremonies, earning a Bachelor of Arts degree. He also was named to the Honors List for the Spring 2022 semester, which requires students to accumulate a grade-point average of 3.7 or higher.

Making a splash at New Kent County’s Fair

By Andre Jones | August 6, 2022 1:09 pm

Charles City’s Class of 2019 valedictorian makes Dean’s List at Tufts University

By Community Member | August 5, 2022 11:30 pm

Jason Brown, the 2019 valedictorian of Charles City County High School, was named to the Dean’s List at Tufts University for the Spring 2022 semester. To earn the recognition, a student must earn a grade-point average of 3.4 or higher.

Harcum earns Dean’s List honors at University of Maryland Global Campus

By Community Member | August 5, 2022 11:27 pm

Brandon Harcum, a resident of New Kent, was named to the Dean’s List at the University of Maryland Global Campus for the Spring 2022 semester. In order to be recognized for the honor, a student must complete at least six credits while accumulating a grade point average of 3.5 or higher.

Editorial: Balancing two jobs while trying to still give back to the community

By Andre Jones | August 3, 2022 12:12 pm

There are times where I can’t make every community event or meeting. Similar to most people today, I work two jobs. I am blessed to do so, and I continue to remain unbiased in what I do. But sometimes, people wonder if I favor one job over another. I don’t do that, but I also don’t deny that my athletic duties are more of a passion to keep the community of Charles City going. However, there is also a reality when I have to try to break things down to people of why I do both jobs and tasks. I…
Read Full Story

« Previous News More News »