News for New Kent County and Charles City County, Virginia | September 18, 2021

Community

Back-to-school fair in Charles City

By Robb Johnson | August 22, 2021 12:06 pm

Donation to Charles City food pantry

By Community Member | August 17, 2021 5:04 pm

Donation to Metro Richmond CrimeStoppers

By Robb Johnson | August 11, 2021 7:25 pm

Editorial: There are no Fall sports at Charles City High School and it upsets me

By Robb Johnson | August 10, 2021 9:11 pm

It’s August, which mean Fall sports are back into full swing. And while New Kent and surrounding areas are now gearing up for the season at both the youth level and high school level, Charles City County has critics on the field. Charles City County High School will not have Fall sports again this year and I am very upset about it. I remember a time as a youth football player for the Charles City Jaguars where we would practice at Harrison Park. High schoolers would come over and talk to us, even practicing with us to help us get…
Read Full Story

Marksmanship ribbons by 4-H club members

By Community Member | August 10, 2021 12:27 pm

National Night Out in New Kent, Charles City

By Robb Johnson | August 4, 2021 1:58 am

Henpeck Road in New Kent to close for pipe replacement starting Aug. 9

By Community Member | August 3, 2021 5:07 pm

A section of Henpeck Road (Route 665) in New Kent County will close for two weeks beginning next Monday. Starting Aug. 9, Virginia’s Department of Transportation (VDOT) will begin pipe replacement at a section of the road. The replacement will last for approximately two weeks, with construction slated to wrap up on Friday, Aug. 20. Drivers are advised to use the following detour routes: –Henpeck Road from Liberty Hall Road: Take Henpeck Road north to New Kent Highway (Rt. 249), east to Old Roxbury Road (Rt. 640) south back to Henpeck Road. –Henpeck Road from Old Roxbury Road (Rt. 640):…
Read Full Story

Editorial: We each have our own path to success, but we are all on the same road

By Andre Jones | August 3, 2021 4:35 pm

The path to success isn’t often defined by how smart you are or how talented you are. More-so, it’s about how you apply those talents in a setting that benefits your advancement. Today’s pathways in the working world often see more people going into business for themselves. Entrepreneurship has skyrocketed, especially during the pandemic. But the foundation or drive for that talent has to come within. Take example a recent article in the Chronicle about New Kent High School graduate Matthew Fultz, who now works as a broadcaster. As I interviewed him, I saw the passion in him light up…
Read Full Story

Crafts and creatures at Heritage Public Library

By Community Member | August 1, 2021 12:38 pm

Heritage Public Library’s 40th birthday

By Robb Johnson | August 1, 2021 12:26 pm
« Previous News More News »