New Kent Charles City Chronicle

News for New Kent County and Charles City County, Virginia | August 19, 2022

Community

Editorial: Balancing two jobs while trying to still give back to the community

By Andre Jones | August 3, 2022 12:12 pm

There are times where I can’t make every community event or meeting. Similar to most people today, I work two jobs. I am blessed to do so, and I continue to remain unbiased in what I do. But sometimes, people wonder if I favor one job over another. I don’t do that, but I also don’t deny that my athletic duties are more of a passion to keep the community of Charles City going. However, there is also a reality when I have to try to break things down to people of why I do both jobs and tasks. I…
Read Full Story

Charles City National Night Out

By Robb Johnson | August 3, 2022 12:03 pm

Donation to Quinton Volunteer Fire Company

By Community Member | August 1, 2022 11:39 pm

Editorial: Achieving your personal goals won’t always be easy

By Robb Johnson | July 27, 2022 12:13 am

We all have goals in life. However, what do we need to do to accomplish those goals without falling completely off the wagon? This is a conversation that occurs every year for every living human being. We all have that instinct to want to accomplish something. We have that ambition to want something so bad that sometimes we burn ourselves out too quickly. We must understand that goals are not met overnight. They are well thought out plans that have a long, strategic end that meets a resolution. The day and time we live in now is a microwave society….
Read Full Story

First graduates of Charles City Neighborhood College

By Andre Jones | July 26, 2022 9:56 pm

From plastic to perfect seating

By Community Member | July 26, 2022 11:47 am

Marvin Jones Fellowship Award

By Community Member | July 26, 2022 11:46 am

New leadership for New Kent Lions Club

By Community Member | July 26, 2022 11:45 am

Harris earns Doctoral Degree in Chiropractic studies

By Community Member | July 25, 2022 9:52 pm

Anne Harris, a resident of Lanexa, completed her studies to earn a Doctor of Chiropractic degree. Harris graduated from Palmer College of Chiropractic’s Florida Campus in Port Orange, Florida during June 17 ceremonies.

Letter to the Editor: The importance of dealing with anger properly

By Community Member | July 19, 2022 1:41 pm

When you get angry, you emotionally react to something you may regard as bad. Adverse effects that may come from your ire include high blood pressure, broken relationships, hasty decisions, and more. You aren’t going to let your grievance escalate to dangerous levels of rage, so you quickly divert your mind from targeting the object of your acrimony to either find a correct way to make the situation better or realize that the ganger is just a blip in the environment not worthy of expending a lot of energy on. Anger can eat away at your enjoyment in life. It…
Read Full Story

« Previous News More News »